Phone Books are for dinosaurs!.
You must be in the Internet Directories to be found...all of them!Buy Now!
Local Citations are mentions of your business on a web site. Many websites are virtual phone books and they offer profiles of local businesses. These mentions include your name address, phone number and in many cases links to your web site.
The major sites that are household names are YellowPages, Yelp, AngiesList, and many more. Actually there are over 500 such sites. These sites offer a way to "claim" your business. By claiming a business, you are validating that the data they have on you is correct for their web visitors. Many of these site use they claimed data for lead generation, to their own products.
The three major search, Google, Yahoo and Bing, use these citations as the most important factor when determining how to rank businesses for particular search term (such as "Pizza Melbourne FL" for instance). The more citations your business has the better ranking. But more importantly, these small citations MUST be consistent.
This service is sometimes called "local directory submission." Here are the steps for a success citation management campaign:
- 1. Establish Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP). First Melbourne Web and Design must establish your EXACT name, address and phone number. Generally, Google has it correct. But if its wrong in Google, we must correct it first there, before we even think about going on.
- 2. Research your existing citations. Unless you are just starting out, your name is going to be on some web sites. Melbourne Web and Design has developed in-house tools to check the 500 plus known citation sites to see where your business is already located.
- 3. Consistency Check. Melbourne Web and Design will then make sure all of your existing citations are consistent. If they are not, our first step is to make every attempt to claim or notify each site which may be different.
- 4. Research. Before Melbourne Web and Design starts adding your NAP with new citations, our technicians research your industry and local search area to determine the most important business directories. Every project is customized for each client.
- 5. Competitors Research. Melbourne Web and Design will then determine which sites your three primary competitors are listed on and make sure you are on the same locations.
- 6. Citation submission. Melbourne Web and Design submits ALL of your new citations manually and in-house. There is no automation here and no out sourcing.
- 7. Review. After a few days, Melbourne Wed and Design reviews the new citations to make sure your listings are live. (Now this is a an automated process) Some sites take a few as 24 hours, some as many as 8 weeks.
- 8. Reporting. Every 30 days, a report is generated for you to see the progress.
- 9. Monitoring. Every 45 days, Melbourne Web and Design starts the process over again, to make sure everything is accurate, we monitor both your listings and three competitors.
The reasons to choose Melbourne Web and Design:
- Melbourne Web and Design customizes a solution. All citations are personalized method of local citation building, tailored to the specific needs of your business.
- Melbourne Web and Design will complete a full profile from the data you give us. Many citations sites allow details like website, hours of operation, etc, in their profiles.
- Melbourne Web and Design allows you to log in at any time to see our progress. You will see the same dashboard as the technician working your site.